Nokia 1650 - Charging and discharging

background image

Charging and discharging

Your device is powered by a rechargeable battery. The battery can
be charged and discharged hundreds of times, but it will
eventually wear out. When the talk and standby times are
noticeably shorter than normal, replace the battery. Use only
Nokia approved batteries, and recharge your battery only with
Nokia approved chargers designated for this device.

If a replacement battery is being used for the first time or if the
battery has not been used for a prolonged period, it may be
necessary to connect the charger, then disconnect and reconnect
it to begin charging the battery.

Unplug the charger from the electrical plug and the device when
not in use. Do not leave a fully charged battery connected to a
charger, since overcharging may shorten its lifetime. If left
unused, a fully charged battery will lose its charge over time.

If the battery is completely discharged, it may take several
minutes before the charging indicator appears on the display or
before any calls can be made.

Use the battery only for its intended purpose. Never use any
charger or battery that is damaged.

background image


Do not short-circuit the battery. Accidental short-circuiting can
occur when a metallic object such as a coin, clip, or pen causes
direct connection of the positive (+) and negative (-) terminals of
the battery. (These look like metal strips on the battery.) This
might happen, for example, when you carry a spare battery in
your pocket or purse. Short-circuiting the terminals may damage
the battery or the connecting object.

Leaving the battery in hot or cold places, such as in a closed car in
summer or winter conditions, will reduce the capacity and
lifetime of the battery. Always try to keep the battery between
15°C and 25°C (59°F and 77°F). A device with a hot or cold
battery may not work temporarily, even when the battery is fully
charged. Battery performance is particularly limited in
temperatures well below freezing.

Do not dispose of batteries in a fire as they may explode.
Batteries may also explode if damaged. Dispose of batteries
according to local regulations. Please recycle when possible. Do
not dispose as household waste.

Do not dismantle or shred cells or batteries. In the event of a
battery leak, do not allow the liquid to come in contact with the
skin or eyes. In the event of such a leak, flush your skin or eyes
immediately with water, or seek medical help.

background image